Day 137 – 16 December 2009: I keep myself occupied on another drive day with nominations for 'Numbskull of the Day'


The numbskull of the day award may seem my way of mocking Laurie, as I haven’t awarded it to anybody else yet. She does indeed get her own entry in early today, saying she is getting fed up with my ‘anti-flattery’ comments.

The day starts with a stop at a workshop for the truck, as it has a problem with a broken suspension thingy (spring leaf??).

Many of us descend on a KFC to while away the time, although quite a few people are now ill with bad stomachs.

Coming in with a late entry, Doc Louise says to Kevin that ‘I guess that Kunming is another typical fairly lifeless big city’. Now, not all big cities are interesting or exciting, but I have yet to find one that you could call lifeless. Unless it has just been bombed. To ease the pressure off of Laurie, I award ‘numbskull of the day’ to Louise.

We stop in Kunming for a couple of hours while Kevin gets our Chinese exit papers and our main activity here is to shop at a Walmart to get some food for lunch. I find two types of goats cheese and the total cost of my shop is about ten times the average Chinese restaurant meal. And the cheese is unremarkable to say the least.

We camp outside Kunming at a car park near the Yunnan Rock Forest, which we will visit tomorrow morning. The warmth we started to experience in Lijiang has largely left us, although I suppose I am only complaining because I thought we were done with cold camps. This one is not nearly as bad as we have experienced though as we are at relatively low altitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment