Day 120 - 29 November 2009: The Thermos Conspiracy & 'I Love BJ'


I have a cold, so I stay in bed until four pm.

Four dinner, I go to a fast food place called Mr Li’s and have a spag bol, but this is more like a bolognaise noodle soup.

Every room in the hostel has a hot water thermos for drinking, but ours has disappeared. I go to reception to ask where it is, they phone the cleaning ladies, who say they don’t have it, and that we will have to pay 50 Yuan to replace it if we didn’t find it. Strangely, Laurie asked the cleaning ladies herself if they had it, and they did.....

There is a group outing to the Beijing Opera House. I decline to go though, as I have no taste for opera of whichever kind. Laurie goes, but she leaves during the interval because the opera is all in Chinese, much to her apparent surprise. The others come back from the opera each wearing t-shirts saying ‘I (heart) BJ’, meaning I love Beijing of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment