Day 135 – 14 December 2009: Drive to Dali, Diesel Poisoning?


From Lijiang, it is a four hour drive to Dali, another ancient Chinese town which is now also famed for its furniture makers.
scenes from the drive to Dali
 

entering Dali


Unfortunately, I have developed chronically bad belly, and I don’t go out for dinner and I spend the night jumping between my bed and the bathroom.

A few weeks ago, one of the large tanks of drinking water which are attached to truck for when we camp, smelled peculiarly of diesel. Lucinda told us not to use it until it was emptied and refilled. About a week later, having assumed that this would have already have been done and not having detected any diesel scent, I drank some of the water from this tank. I am now feeling a bit paranoid that I have given myself diesel poisoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment