Day 85 - 25 October 2009: Day three of Annapurna Base Camp Trek







We start our days trekking not too early in the morning. I am barely recovered from yesterday’s exertions and have to stop after the first half hour for an extended break. However, after a Snickers for elevenses, I am reborn. With some comparatively easy trekking today (lots of up and downs and flat lands, as opposed to just up, or down into the valley and all the way up again, etc.), I settle into a rhythm.

On the trek we passed a group (and got passed by them as we took breaks) who here having booked with ‘Encounter Adventure Holidays’. They have porters and the vast majority are young women. I spend much of the day pontificating on a plan to swap Laurie for one of them. ‘Why’, I ask myself, ‘can’t the UK to Oz group profile be of a similar demographic?’

We get to Doban today, which is one lodging village more than we had planned for the day. However, I get another bout of diarrhea in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment