Day 176 - 24 January 2010: a qualified open water diver and then…do I want to dive with sharks?

Today is graduation day after two more dives. The diving gets easier and more fun as I start to relax a lot more.

Today we have a videographer following us on the dive, and we do a few stunts and showing off for the cameraman who has come with us to film our penultimate dive of the course. At one point, we all take off our masks and pass around a pair of sunglasses and dance for the camera at the sea bed.

We finish our course at 3ish and agree to meet up at the bar later for drinks and dinner for our ‘graduation’ party.

Some people are going to do the Advanced Open Water Diver course, which enables you to dive to 30m, as opposed to 18m, and I decide to as well as I am enjoying being away from the rest of the UK to Oz group for a while and I can’t imagine it being cheaper anywhere else I might dive. Also, for 30m dives, the boat will go to the ‘Chumpon Pinnacle’, where there are sharks swimming near the reef. It is strange how many fish seem to have a home base from which they do not stray very far.

At 9pm, Aaron the videographer shows up at the party to show us the movie. By this time, a lot of us are quite drunk, including me, and the video goes down very well. I especially like the soundtrack. Aaron says he has spent more time on this video than any other, and that it is longer at 36 minutes than any he has done before because there were so many good shots. He is trying to sell us the video of course, but he does seem very sincere. I agree to buy one at 1750B (£35), so not cheap. I am not even featured that much in it…..well, not my best moves, except for maybe when I was ‘grinding’ with ‘The Instructress’ Becky when we did an underwater with sunglasses dance.






No comments:

Post a Comment