Day 155 – 03 January 2010: Mui Né, sunkissed Aussie babe and the losers forfeit


This morning we have a five hour bus ride to Mui Né, a tourist resort frequented mostly by Australians which has arisen out of an old fishing village.

The beach is lined with resort hotels and restaurants, while the sea is populated by hundreds of kite surfers. High winds make this an ideal place for it, but it also makes it unsafe to swim as you are quite likely to get surfed over.

I enquire about getting lessons, but it takes two days worth to actually get into the sea and start doing it and we are only here for two days. Together with it costing £100 plus for two days lessons, I decide against it.

I have lunch with Belgian Sam and Caz at a beachside restaurant serving fresh seafood. We start chatting to an Australian girl called Katie we had seen and noticed on the beach. We spend the afternoon with her having beers.

In the evening there is a BBQ at the Wax Bar connected to our hotel. Katie comes along to this for a while, but disappointingly spends most of the time chatting to some bloke at the bar. The BBQ of shish kebab on a stick was the best I’ve had at least since leaving home, also beating any food I’ve had in Vietnam so far.

There’s a pool table in the bar and I bet pool queen Jen that she can’t hold her form against me, with the loser having to dive naked into the sea. Whether she was holding her form or no, I have lost mine and so, having had a few cocktails, in I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment