Day 153 – 01 January 2010: recuperation undermined

I don’t get up until 2pm. After organising an island hopping boat trip for most of the group for tomorrow, I go to the beach. As with Hoi An, it seems that the locals reclaim the beach from the western tourists as the sun sets.

In the evening, still with hangover, I go for a hair of the dog with Essex and crew. The cheap vodka and oranges are somewhat watered down, so I don’t get too carried away. I do almost get into a fight with some idiot Aussie who reacts aggressively to me playfully taking his hat off while dancing in the bar. I don’t have any energy for this sort of confrontation, so I just leave him, and leave the bar soon after. I need to get up for the boat trip which starts at 8:30am the next day.

I stop for a pizza before going to bed, having spotted a restaurant that advertises an Italian chef. I don’t remember too much about the specifics, but I do remember it being quite tasty, so I give it 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment