Day 159 – 07 January 2010: Restaurant on the river, and pool hustling prostitutes


For most of the day I am either in bed or on the computer, having had a few too many beers with Gary last night.

This doesn’t stop me joining Gary and Laurie on a boat restaurant in the evening. These are very expensive by Vietnamese standards, so are wholly occupied by western tourists, but Laurie’s budget has suddenly expanded with Gary’s arrival, so we treat ourselves. The food is good seafood, but really we are paying so much for the trip down the river.

Afterwards, we stop at a bar hidden off the street. We are the only paying punters, at least the only ones that are in the bar. There may well be some people in the back room, but we don’t venture there, the staff of the bar consisting of three scantily clad young pretty women who giggle a lot. One of them pats my bum when I bending down to take a pool shot. When I finish playing pool, they ladies show themselves to be pretty good shots with a cue themselves, although I suspect they are only ever slightly worse than the punters they play against. We leave after a few beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment