Day 230 – 19 March 2010: Another Hostel and an Australian Hotel

Jen, Just John, Caz, Mary and I decide to relocate back to central Sydney, this time to stay at the Base Hostel. It’s not as nice as the Sydney Harbour YHA, but it is slightly cheaper. Jen is a site to behold, with her tank of a ruck sack over the back of her and her now laden backpack hung over the front of her, making her look like she is hugely pregnant.

My city lethargy continues, as I decline to join the others going to see ‘Alice in Wonderland’ at the Imax, home of the ‘biggest screen in the world’. As it happens, they soon come back as it has sold out, and we end the night at the connecting bar next door where they have some karaoke thing going on. Having earlier visited what Australians call a hotel, where there’s a bar with neighbouring rooms with lots of slot machines and other instruments of gambling, but no rooms for sleeping in, I am warmed up enough to do my star turn.....I am the passenger, and I ride and I ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment