Day 227 – 16 March 2010: Feeling old in Coogee Beach


Sydney Harbour YHA is a bit on the expensive side so, after saying goodbye to Dan and Lucinda who fly back to London today, I go with Jen and Just John to Coogee Beach. I have to stay at different hostel to them as theirs is full, and I find myself in a room of late teens and early twenty-somethings. I am thankful that I am out tonight.

I take Jen with me back to Sydney Harbour to see the gig. I can’t say I have been to another gig in such a monumental setting, and Massive Attack are more energetic than I expect, but I have to admit I prefer my gigs in dark dingy places with sticky beer strewn floors. Still, I’ve seen a band responsible for some of the most ground breaking commercial music of the last twenty years play outside Sydney Opera House, so I can’t complain much.

I get back to the hostel after midnight, of eight people staying in the room, I am the only one there. I get woken up by drunken kids noisily finding their way to bed at about four in the morning and I get into one of my grumpy old man moods, seething through my clenched teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment