Day 229 - 18 March 2010: Why do cities make me lazy?

I spend most of today on the internet. There is something about visiting big cities that makes me sink into inertia. I don’t know if it’s the fact that there is just too much to visit, or that city sights just don’t interest me that much. I think it’s the feeling that cities are somewhere you need to get to know before you can really enjoy them, and I just don’t have time to get to know Sydney, beyond the fact that it is now one of the most expensive places to visit in the world.

I do go out to do some shopping though, replacing my third or fourth camera of this trip. I also restock on boxer shorts, safe in the knowledge that there will be no more underwear ripping parties now that Joost and Shay have departed on their further journeys.

During my three days staying in Coogee, I never did actually step foot on the beach, despite it being across the street from my hostel. Perhaps I am intimidated by the beautiful young darlings inhabiting the sand. Although Australians can be quite fat, with all their cheap red meat, there are also a fair population of people who have honed their bikini bodies. Also, many of the beach babes are not Australian.

No comments:

Post a Comment