Day 221 – 10 March 2010: Australia, the home of ‘elf’n’safety


After spending most of the morning exploiting the opportunity to catch up with emails for a few hours, Ceri, Alice (another Brit who has been staying with Ceri but is coming to the end of her time in Oz) and I go for my first Aussie pizza at The Grand. It’s disappointing really, the base being a bit bready and the cheese not being cooked enough. 5/10 .

The local papers are full of stories about the local trams being unsafe, which may well explain the go-slow of the tram I take back to the campsite. It takes an hour and I nearly miss our bus.

We bush camp a few hours outside of Melbourne at an off road campsite in farming country. Jen and I for a run in the dark, which my croc shoes are not really made for. Out here in the countryside, the Milky Way fills the skies at night.

I went to sleep to the sound of some mellow blues guitar picking from a neighbouring camper van.

No comments:

Post a Comment