Day 220 – 09 March 2010: Melbourne and an odd feeling of homeliness


Arriving at the Melbourne campsite in late morning, I ‘upgrade’ for the first time on my journey, taking a tram to the centre of Melbourne and then to Richmond where Ceri, my oldest friend from home, now lives with Dani, her Aussie partner. I half feel that I have already finished my trip, because this is the first time I have stayed in a home since the first night of August last year. Dani is a bit of a cleanliness freak and, having been camping for half of the last thirty weeks, and all of the last three, I feel like I am dirtying the home just by being here.

I don’t know exactly what I will be doing when I arrive with the UK to Oz group arrive in Sydney, but I know I will be coming back to Melbourne at some point, so I don’t feel like exploring Melbourne in the brief time I am here at the moment. Instead, I spend the afternoon drinking cider with Ceri catching up on the last couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment