Days 202 – 19 February 2010: inertia in Kuta

I have an ‘Australian Breakfast’ this morning, which apparently means steak and eggs.

Walking around the southern side of Kuta, I come across the Water Bom waterpark, which has lots of slides like roller coaster rides. I don’t go in, though, as I am saving my money for Australia and it does cost a fair few bob. I also don’t get on the ‘Bali Slingshot’, as kind of bungee chair that throws you up fifty feet, as well as dropping you back down.

I don’t remember having an Indonesian pizza yet, so I stop at a place called Little Italy, which is the same name as my favourite pizza place when I was a child. The pizza is big and done well with a wood fired base, a nicely flavoured tomato base (although maybe a bit too much basil). Definitely top league - 9/10.

In the evening, there is a pool party, and I start with a few cocktails late in the afternoon, which puts paid a semi-plan I had to do a midnight hike up Gunung Agung, a stratovolcano which is also the highest point on the island.

I was getting rip off quotes for going there anyway (US $120), so I probably wouldn’t have gone anyway. I have been very lazy so far. Despite Kuta being the least appealing of places to stay on the island, I have not bothered exploring anything else. This is the last stop of our purely overland part of our trip, as we will be flying from here to Bali. This feeling of an end of an era has sparked a bout of lethargy in me.

After a couple of hours in the pool, a few of us wonder off to a bar doing some karaoke, and Joost leads the dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment