Day 304 – 01 June 2010: A Lull in LA


The problem with LA is that it is so sprawling and it is difficult to walk around the streets without feeling anything other than lost. Also, parking works out to be very expensive if you want to stop at several destinations, so my appetite for exploration is limited.

I don't leave Stewart and Jenni's place until almost midday. Though I have no real desire to visit Hollywood, I decide to visit a pub on Sunset Boulevard that is run by the daughters of a late member of cult British 60s mod band, The Creation. I know this only because a friend of mine plays in an occasionally reconvened version of the band, and he has recommended I stop by and say hello.

In the eighties the Cat n Fiddle was a hangout for the likes of David Bowie, Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood, but on a sunny weekday lunch time, it is a sedate leafy courtyard setting, convenient for hiding away from the surrounding traffic.

I have dinner at the hostel, choosing its version of 'Californian Cuisine'. This means a tuna salad, with at least three tins worth of tuna piled onto it.

No comments:

Post a Comment