Day 302 – 30 May 2010 & Day 302 – 30 May 2010: The longest day


Today is my last day in Melbourne. My flight is not until late in the day, so I go for lunch with Ceri and Dani to The Curry Club, an Indian restaurant serving a buffet. Buffets are usually pretty rubbish because if they were any good you wouldn't want to stop eating, but this one is fair dinkum and I leave with a heavy stomach.
Afterwards, I take Louie for one last walk to work off lunch, before Ceri and I visit the pub for a couple of pints and play some pool.

And then I face a thirteen and a half hour flight to LA, during which I begin to regret having curry for lunch, but am not put off eating dinner and then the same day's breakfast before going quietly crazy as I still hate flying. When I land, it is still only six o'clock in the evening.

I am staying at a hostel near the airport. It's cheap and cheerful, but it has a pool and a bar and restaurant which gives out free snacks and a free beer on arrival. The accommodation is like sharing a cheap motel room with strangers. It is not in a part of LA that you would really want to stay in, it must be said.

For dinner, I have soup & bread as an inclusive starter, mozzarella sticks, spaghetti meatballs and a very stiff JD & Coke, costing me all of $21 US, which is about how much the JD would have cost in some places in Oz.
Oz Pictures 

No comments:

Post a Comment