Day 276 – 04 May 2010: historical Australia


I had to get up in the night to go to the toilet and found Rohan and Janaya lying on the floor in the living room. Initially, I thought that maybe I had taken the only spare room with a bed in it, but when I get up in the morning, they have shifted themselves to another room.
After milling about for a few hours, Rod emerges looking very much like he had a late night. Yesterday I had gone to bed prompted by Rohan saying he was tired and was probably going to get an early night himself. However, today he doesn't emerge from bed until 2pm.

Eventually, after Rohan cooks us several tonnes of bacon, sausage, eggs and toast, Rohan & Janaya and I take a nice tranquil walk through a woodland by a river with small waterfalls that fill rock pools. It would be a nice place to go for a swim in natural spring water, but it has been raining all night and all day, so is not so enticing today. A few hundred metres up the trail is a former mill site, which was briefly in operation in the early 1950s and is now labelled 'historic' because around here that counts as being a very long time ago.

We go back to Rod's for a taco dinner and for a good night's sleep. I am up for finishing off the wine leftover from the previous night, but the others don't want to touch it.





No comments:

Post a Comment