Day 70 - 10 October 2009: Jaipur


entertainment at our lunchtime stopover
Today we drive onto Jaipur, the pink city and the capital of the Rajasthan region, home of a number of ancient and intricately carved forts. Driving in, the traffic, though heavy and varied (e.g. camels at the traffic lights), is lighter than in Delhi. 


camels indicating left
The hotel (Sundar Palace) is relatively plush and very clean by Indian standards, with sanitized western toilets! However, it’s my turn to sleep on the floor and then to sleep on the truck as guard the next night, so I don’t feel particularly ostentatious. There is also a pleasant roof top bar, which is where most people gather. However, I decide to explore the surrounds. We are twenty minute walk to the centre of the city, so I head the other way ending up in a bar five minutes away. Laurie comes with me, and is quite flirty although she does constantly complain about my smoking near her.

No comments:

Post a Comment