Day fourteen - 15 August 2009 bad weather in Bulgaria


It starts to drizzle in the early hours, so I get Meg’s and my tent out to use as cover. We get some sleep, but the rain intensifies. By 4am-ish, we are drenched. James/JC (our driver) and Lu (tour leader) are on the floor of the inside, but Lu is awake and she helps us get everything inside. I spend the rest of the night trying to sleep on the chairs, without much success.
In the morning we travel to somewhere to see a fortress. I am wearying quickly of historical buildings I know nothing of, so I stay on the truck to practice guitar.

We bush camp near the Turkey border. Today was the first day that we had bad weather and the bus is strangely quiet. Perhaps the enthusiasm of forming new relationships has faded and people are realising which relationships are starting to become problematic.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment